Tuesday, June 24, 2008

MAKNA Volunteers bring meaning to Life


I was approached by some MAKNA(Majlis Kanser Nasional) volunteers last weekend while enjoying my cup of "teh tarik" at a mamak shop in Tmn Tun while getting my dose of the daily news. They were dressed in MAKNA T-Shirts and had Identification on them. Politely and with a friendly smile, they introduced themselves and ask whether they could just spend a few minutes talking to me about MAKNA. I asked them to have a seat with me and began asking a lot of questions about them and MAKNA. They were very informative and provided me a decent amount of information about the non-profit organization that they belong to. Soon, I learned that they don't accept a one-off donation but instead have a Direct Debit Donor Programme that will allow one to commit a fix sum of money every month(Makes perfect sense for MAKNA and their donors that saves manpower in the long run).

More details can be obtained easily with a few clicks at http://www.makna.org.my

MAKNA's HQ:
BG 03A & 05, GROUND FLOOR,
MEGAN AMBASSY,
225,JALAN AMPANG,
50450 KUALA LUMPUR.

Telephone : +603-2162 9178
Facsimile : +603-2162 9203
e-mail : makna@makna.org.my

Make a difference and bring meaning to someone's life today! Join the fight against Cancer!

No comments: